While trying out the Google Maps SDK on iOS and Google Maps Directions API I noticed that Google’s Getting Started code hasn’t been updated for Swift 3. Here are the changes required to get the code to work.
Run the app. You should see a map with a single marker centered over Sydney, Australia. If you click on the marker, you should see the text “Hello World” above it. If you see the marker, but the map is not visible, confirm that you have provided your API key.
Google Maps Directions API
I decided to use Alamofire iOS library to make HTTP requests to the Google Maps Directions API as it makes it much easier than the built-in Swift methods.
A couple of weeks ago I went to Colorado with the goal of climbing Mount Elbert. At 14,440 feet high it is the tallest mountain in Colorado.
Unfortunately I only made it to about 13,650 feet =). A combination of lack of time and mild altitude sickness (on my part) prevented my brother and I from reaching the summit. However I did get some great photos and fully intend on reaching the summit on my next attempt, whenever that is.
Video correction: 2nd tallest mountain outside of Hawaii/Alaska =).
At this time, Microsoft’s Surface RT has a very limited GUI for editing VPN parameters. For example, there’s no input field for a pre-shared key commonly used with L2TP/IPSec VPN type. Since there’s limited information for setting up more advanced VPN connections on Surface RT, I figured I would post these simple steps.
I recently ran into an issue where the š character appeared in a client’s emails that weren’t there when she sent them. This was apparently caused by Outlook 2011’s autoformatting options that replaced … with a special ellipses character, which wasn’t supported in all mail clients.
Here’s how you can disable that feature and thus avoid unintentional symbols in your emails.
1. Open Outlook and go to Outlook preferences.
2. Select AutoCorrect under the Personal Settings category.
3. Select AutoFormat tab and uncheck “…” with ellipses.
One of our user’s computers was infected with a virus that, after being removed and cleaned up, left these annoying RunDLL errors for DLL files with randomly generated filenames which occurred every time the user would login:
I didn’t get far trying to google some keywords related to the errors. However, some results did point me in the right direction for resolving the issue.
Basically, you want to check every possible repository of startup items or commands. In the registry, most google results told me to check the following locations.